Saturday, May 12, 2007

Stephen gets his site stolen by the Iranians

So I log on to winterrevolution this morning, and get a 403 error. That's "you do not have permission to view this site", for those folk who aren't big on netspeak. My immediate reaction is "good grief, some idiot's gone and fiddeld with something", so I log in to the ftp only to be told the NTFS definitions are out of date. And a quick check at entfirms tells me my ftp's empty. At this point I'm beggining to wonder.

So, I go to a quick check with some of my resources and find out how pinging works: every country that pings gets a 403 with one exception: Tehran.
Oh hells yes. The nutters who sent me death-threats have finally managed something. I'm now the proud owner of some sorta jihad site or somethign! Yay!

...or not. Someone from the US was ncie enough to let me know she gets not a 403 error, but "site down for maintenance, will be back at 11:03 EST". Which is kinda odd to say the least. So either it'll beback to normal soon, or I'll find out what the Iranians have done to it.

Two years I've been with netfirms, and this is the first time they've put me down for maintenance and given me a 403.

No comments: