Friday, May 11, 2007

Script Frenzy

So, I decided to enter Script Frenzy this year. I mean, I was planning on doing so anyway pretty much from when I heard about it. Which was some vague mention of a possibility somehwere iirc...

Anywho. by my reckoning writing a screenplay should make two weeks tops, which gives me an extra two weeks oif planning if i need them, although that';s liekly to end in disaster if I get too overconfident about my writing ability. Goodness knows I need a plan of the whole outline to get it to work properly.

Which is where the problem comes in - I honestly haven't a clue what I'm gonna do. So many ideas floating around, most of which are completely stupid. Is it a sci-fi? Set in mdoern times? Fantasy? Historic?

Well I have a vague idea it'll be set in the UK. And be something of a surreal dark comedy. And possibly be ridiculosuly offensive to folk who don't see the funny side of nutters who blow themselves up in the name of their god.

So, yah. Islamists will feature. Be trying to avoid being overly-political about it, mind. Just seems that having terrorists as the target for jokes oculd be interesting. Other than that, I don't really know.

Im part of group TPF this year, just like with NaNoWriMo
although this time there's jsut three of us. Myself, yamPuff and vicious. And Yams has exams and stuff the first two weeks, so shes in a worse position than I am. Hmms. We've set a rule that everyone has to use the phrases "SPARTA!" and "Tonight we dine in hell!" in their scripts, and on top of that I've set the optional challenge of using "I'm Spartacus" at some point, so I'm not sure how that'll work out. Have to fit them in somewhere, and try to keep them not standing out as obviosu references. Not easy.

This is gonna be fun.

2 comments:

Sya said...

I don't have any ideas either about what to do for Script Frenzy. If it's anything compared to Nano, I should be more prepared by now.

Unknown said...

Truly a sccreenplay is a different beast to a novel. Not fun.