Friday, September 29, 2006

And an update

There's a demo available. I'm currently downlaoding it, and it allows 2-player games. Which is better than nowt.

So, that's how they worked it out. Pretty smart idea really: you get it in demo form and use your cd key to unlock it. The problem? Seems they haven't yet sent out the cd keys yet. Certainly I can't find anyone that's recieved the damned thing. Still, I'm sure it'll sort itself.

I'd also like to draw another comparison to id software: they tried doing that with quake. First episode shareware, enter registration to get the rest. The result, unfortunately, was that people hacked the game and id lost a lot of cash. Especially after having given the discs away free in their shareware form. Ooh dear. Of course, I'm sure Introversion have a way to avoid that in this day and age. Online verification or something. With a game designed for multiplayer, that would of course be fatal.

No comments: